WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We understand that sending your personal information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it our highest priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us. Your personal data is not sold or provided to any third party not specifically called out in this Privacy Statement. Please read the following policy to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting our websites: www.eng-software.com, www.pump-flo.com, www.flowoffluids.com, and www.fluidfundamentals.com; you are accepting the practices described herein:
- What information we collect from you
- How we use your information
- With whom we share your information
- Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
- How we protect your information
- Children’s privacy
- External links
- How you can contact us
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses. We also may request information about your industry in which you are employed. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; complete an ESI profile; participate in a survey; download pump catalogs or software demos; utilize pump selection services; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions on our site.
We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit one of our websites. For example, like many websites, we will collect your IP address, seb browser software (such as Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as documents viewed or downloaded from our site. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help customize your user experience.
COOKIES AND OTHER WEB TECHNOLOGIES
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Engineered Software, Inc. uses private mailing and personal information (such as name, address, and phone number) for general purposes such as:
- providing you with the products and services you request
- providing you with updates
- managing your account, including providing account notifications
- communicating with you in general
- responding to your questions and comments
- measuring interest in and improving our products, services, and website
- notifying you about technical issues and products or services that may be of interest to you
- customizing your experience otherwise, with Engineered Software, Inc.
- soliciting information from you, including through surveys
- resolving disputes, or troubleshoot problems
- preventing potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection
- Please review “Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information” below.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Engineered Software, Inc. may share your information with the following entities:
- Pump Manufacturers Engineered Software shares your Personal Information with Pump Manufacturers as follows:
- When you initiate selection of a particular pump from a manufacturer’s or distributor’s catalog using the PUMP-FLO® online pump selector, the pump or part you selected is noted in a secure database. As part of our agreement with each of the pump manufacturers and distributors, the manufacturer or distributor of that pump is given access to your Personal Information via the database. The manufacturer or distributor may then contact you to follow up on your interest in the pump, and may contact you with other marketing or promotional materials.
- After you have completed the pump selection process using the PUMP-FLO® online pump selector, you may choose to submit a RFQ to the manufacturers of the pumps that you have selected. If you submit a RFQ, an email is sent to the manufacturers of the pumps that you have selected notifying them that a RFQ has been submitted and providing them your Personal Information and the details of the particular pump you have selected. The manufacturers may then contact you directly with their quotations.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, or distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention. These companies have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners and recommend you evaluate their practices before deciding to provide your personal information.
- Aggregate Data Engineered Software, Inc. reserves the right to freely use and distribute all data and statistics that are not Personal Information (e.g., a statistic reporting that 45% of our users are small businesses) collected from you at this Site.
- We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Engineered Software, Inc., our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms of Service and other agreements.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
- Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
- Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to receive newsletters, updates, products, technical issues or to take advantage of certain features offered on our websites. You also can add or update your information by accessing My Profile and close your account by contacting our support team.
- When you register as a member on our websites, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive a periodic newsletter and e-mail messages from us about updates, products, technical issues, or training opportunities. You can modify your Newsletter / Email preference at any time by adjusting the settings on your “My Profile” page. You also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial messages in any such e-mail we send. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating to your ESI / PUMP-FLO® Profile account without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from our websites, you will not be able to access portions of that site.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We want you to feel confident about using Engineered Software, Inc.’s website and affiliate websites, so we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
Engineered Software, Inc. does not sell software or other services for purchase by children. Should a child whom we know to be under 18 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US